Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Old Stuff and New Stuff


The old stuff is one of The Ice Queen's blogs. Remember the little painter in Minka's Thursday mystery, around the middle of April? I wanted to put in one of his pictures as my hint. Alas, it has taken this long to get an idea of how to put a picture in my blog. I still don't know if I can put one in someone else's. This is the new part......... Hence, the date below, showing no blog at all. It's not going too well.
This is my favourite picture (excluding his posters) that Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec painted. It is called Young Woman at a Table - Poudre de Riz. The little red box contains the poudre de riz, the rice powder used to make ladies faces very pale...............So, here she is (the painter's lover, Suzanne)..............Fanfare and drum roll, please............. LOL
Hey, Suzanne. You're supposed to be down HERE! Well, you had better stay put, girl, because the last time I got you on this page, you were sideways........................J.D.

7 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

I am glad Suzanne is right side up. And as far as I know, you can't put a pick in the comments.

Charlene Amsden said...

pic -- photo -- graphic --

[must learn to spell check before sending]

J. D. said...

Hi Quilly.....I couldn't put that pic (pick) in again if I had instructions. (which I did...They were written by Hubby and he couldn't follow them either... chuckles and gaffaws)

Check today's blog to see how much, or how little, attention should be paid to spelling.

Mother Theresa said...

I like the painting. Congrats on getting the picture up, every time I learn how to do something new on my blog I feel very proud. Keep trying out new things, after a while it gets easier and easier. And no, you can't put a picture in the comment section, but you can put a link to a page or a picture.

J. D. said...

Theresa...your blog looks like you already know how to do it all. It's great. I'll be happy when I can conquer the "picture" thing. And I MUST do the "link" thing also. Then I'll check out the difficulty involved in putting up a more decorative header. Minka says she will help; but first I have to get a link up. Could you please send THAT by mental telepathy?

Minka said...

Beautiful painting.
He certainly is amazing!

now a) you canæt put a picture on another blog or comment section (unless you are a team member of some blog, like I at Central snark!)

b)you can erase the empty post below, when you go into your "edit-posts section" in your blogger dashboard

c)have a lovely Thursday!

J. D. said...

Thanks, Minka, for the help.

It was a GREAT Thursday. It was my birthday and Hubby got me an iPod. (***Hurray***) I just hung up from talking to Morgan about more terrific birthday stuff. He'll blog Monday or Tuesday..........Judy