Saturday, May 12, 2007

"It was the best of times and the worst of times."

It may be slightly bastardized, but, who's first to tell me where my title comes from?

The title refers to BLOGGING. It frustrates me so, that I want to stick my finger in the Blog Monster's eye. Then, a few minutes later, I want to put it/her/him on my lap and pet it/her/him. That happens when I realize that there are people out there, really nice people, that are helping me with points I don't yet understand about this blogging or are making me laugh about everyday life because of their talent for writing.

The best of blogging is that it brings minds together, no geographical boundries, no age limits. As Minka advised, two posts ago, we don't even know, sometimes, if we are sharing ideas or silly nonsence with females or males, not to mention the high or the mighty, the couch potato or the professor. Imagine SNARK being four or five people! (A day or two ago, one of the Snarks used the pronoun "we" and my ears perkled up........no they didn't "perkle".......they perked up. Perkled ears sounds like it hurts.....And Morgan had an idea of the conspiracy.)

This is certainly an undistinguished blog, but, since it's about blogs, maybe it is bloggable...................J.D.

4 comments:

Minka said...

most stuff in life is blog fodder. Anything that concerns you, makes you think or just holds your breath for a moment, is interesting to those that care about you and I am here to tell you that if you give blogging a fair shot, you might find friends beyond your imagination. I have been blogging since 2003, I think.
Last month I took a trip to the States and I met no less than 11 blogger buddies of mine. What a wonderful experience, truly indescribable. I never thought that could happen, but I stand corrected and what´s more, I am going back in July...just because it was so much fun the first time around!

I love blogging, the beginning was hard, yet exciting, there are rough stretches when you just don´t wanna see another blog, but as you said: "there are some really nice people out there!"
I think that is comforting to know, wherever you are!

Charlene Amsden said...

As a teacher I spend all day locked in a classroom with ten year olds, then I come home where I live alone. I started my blog in hopes of finding a couple of adults to converse with -- and I have gotten so much more. Struggle through the frustrations, you'll find your niche. And some of us already think you are of great consequence.

J. D. said...

Minka and Quilly...You both have already ensconced yourselves into my life, thoughts and heart, through your humour and wisdom and encouragement. (reaching for a tissue) Mushy, but true. See that!...I've injected some Minkisms into my blogging and the Quillisms are something to aspire to........Thanks ladies.....Judy

J. D. said...

Nobody interested in some of the most famous words in literature? They'd have to be famous, or I wouldn't know them...although not mentioned, I'm sure Minka and Quilly know! They are the first AND also the last words in Dickens novel, A Tale of Two Cities.