Thursday, May 17, 2007

FULFILLING BLOG RULES? I thought there were no rules!

Upon reading some older blogs a few days ago, I saw that one of the guys mentioned RULES. One of them was to tell a few weird things about yourself. I like that idea. Another was to tag six people. I don't have to think about that one long at all...No way! I don't even pass on chain e-mails; even if they tell me I'm cursed unless I send the e-mail to relatives, friends and enemies. If I'm to be reprimanded for that, then send the Blog Police. Hahaha. You have to find me first.

I'm not the weirdest person you'll ever meet and certainly not likely to make anyone blush. I'll aim a little lower than weird...maybe just strange, or silly.

*** The first thing I remember wanting to be, when I was about four, is a pilot. It's a little strange that both my husband and my son are pilots, not me. But, I did take ground school with hubby.

*** I learned at a young age, that I better stick to the straight path. I played hookey three times and got caught all three times. Weird...or unlucky? ....... HEY! I heard that. Who said, "Just plain dumb." Well, I learned the value of planning.

*** While standing at the bus stop, at the age of five, I heard my Mother gasp and lean toward my aunt to quietly tell her something. They snickered and I had a bit of interesting information. As we stepped onto the bus, I announced to the driver, "My Mom forgot to put on underwear!"

*** Not weird, just embarrassing - I've tossed my cookies in a car, in a single engine plane and in the long grass behind the midway rides. So! Hasn't everybody?

*** When I dream of loved ones that have passed away, on waking, I never fail to feel that it was great to see them and that we had had a good visit.

*** I always see both sides of an argument.

*** There is an old saying, or myth - We all turn into our parents. Years ago, I jokingly suggested to my sister that if I ever turned into our Mother, she should get a gun and shoot me. Last week I told her to buy the gun.

6 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

Hey, Judy, nice to see you!

I love reading meme's when other people do them. I rarely do them myself, I figure my whole blog is a meme! You've done a great job.

Oh, about tossing my cookies in the midway grass -- nope. I threw up right on the operator. Served him right for leaving us up there upside down in that Hammer so long.

J. D. said...

Oh, silly Quilly. That one of yours tops all mine. LOL...Judy

Mother Theresa said...

I just wandered in from your son's blog to have a look. I love the bus episode, I can just imagine my kids doing that to me!

J. D. said...

Hi Theresa...It's good to meet you. I'm going to take a scroll over to your place and then to Neva's right now.

Things here aren't exactly jumping, hence, "...barely conscious". But, occasionally, the others that I read, cause me to recall a readable and writeable event that I pass on. And this is the greatest place just to vent or have fun with puzzles or poems. Hope to talk to you again.......Judy

puppytoes said...

Judy, my sister and i have had that same conversation about "becoming our Mother", and are both bracing ourselves for the day we'll have to take each other "out". aieeeeee! xox neva

J. D. said...

Neva.....LOL