Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's Good To Forget

She had been quietly reading, stretched out on the couch, when she remembered something in the kitchen. She lay the book on a suede, rust coloured cushion and bounced up, the book sliding to the floor. Looking down she was already moving in the direction of the foyer......she stood there. If she had had a balloon above her head, it would have been empty. She was up for a reason, but, what? It seemed to her she was headed for the kitchen. In there, she did a 360 turn and saw nothing that tweeked the lazy brain. Hmmmm. The solution? Go back to the scene of the thought....the book. Picking it up, the light bulb came on. Ah! Back to the kitchen. Returning, with a buttered piece of toast in her hand, (How could she forget food?) she picked up the book and settled again on the couch. What page had she been on?

Forgetting is good. It's almost the only exercise some people get.

2 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

Forgetfulness has lead me to many walks and turn plenty of pirouettes.

J. D. said...

Quilly.....I did lots of pirouettes in my younger days, just for fun. When those 360 and 720 degrees turns are out of necessity, they just make you dizzy. Hubby thinks I'm almost ready for "The Home" because I bought a book on "How to Improve Your Memory" and I can't remember where I put it. Classic, but, true......Hee-Hee-Hee.....Judy